Thank you for you choosing Windor Supply & Mfg. as your door supplier. We take great pride in the doors we manufacture and distribute, and strive to use only the finest kiln dried material from the most reliable mills. Before leaving our plant, your door has been sanded and inspected for defects in materials and workmanship. Hand sanding is required prior to the application of any stain, paint, or other finishing materials to remove scratches, handling marks, hand prints, water spots, and other marks which may affect the appearance of the door.
BASIC LIMITED WARRANTY
Doors manufactured by Windor Supply & Mfg. (except those doors expressly excluded from this Warranty) are warranted for one (1) year from date of substantial completion to be of good material and workmanship and to be free from defects at the time of completion that would render them unserviceable or unfit for the ordinary purpose for which each door is recommended.
Should the warranted door be found to contain defects as stated above, Windor Supply & Mfg. will, at its option, either (1) repair the door without charge, or (2) replace the door without charge in the same stage of fitting and/or finishing as it was originally supplied.
In the event a defect is found, written notice must be given to Windor within thirty (30) days of discovery of the defect. Windor Supply & Mfg. shall not be held liable for the cost of doors repaired or replaced without its prior written consent.
Warp shall not be considered a defect unless it exceeds 1/4 inch in the plane of the door. Doors wider than 3’0” or taller than 8’0” are not warranted against warp, bow or twist. Warp is any distortion in the door itself, and does not refer to the relation of the door to the frame or jamb in which it is hung. The term warp shall include bow, cup or twist. In measuring the amount of warp present in a door, the following method shall be used: Bow, Cup and Twist shall be measured by placing a straightedge, taut wire or string on the suspected concave face of the door at any angle (i.e. horizontally, vertically, diagonally), with the door in its installed position. The measurement of bow, cup and twist shall be made at the greatest distance between of the straight edge, taut wire or string and the face of the door.
All doors containing glass and adjacent side lites will contain laminated safety glass as required by Federal Law. Glass assembled with lead or brass came (also known as handcrafted glass), is exempted from this requirement. All glass is warranted to be free of cracks and defects at the time of shipment. Glass should be carefully checked upon receipt. Acceptance of the door or window at the point of delivery releases Windor Supply from all liability for defective or broken glass.
INSULATED GLASS - All sealed double pane glass is warranted for ten (10) years to be free of condensation between the panes of glass. This warranty covers the replacement of the glass panel only and does not extend to the cost of labor or materials for installation, refinishing or painting. All claims for seal failure must be in writing and accompanied with a copy of the paid invoice specifically listing the product in warranty.
EXCLUSION FROM INSULATED GLASS WARRANTY
1. Seal failure caused by movement of the structure.
2. Leaded glass sandwiched between sealed insulated units.
3. Deterioration of the Butyl Rubber Sealant caused by heat or direct contact with unsealed wood.
DOORS MANUFACTURED BY OTHERS
Doors manufactured by others may have extended warranties. Please refer to the manufacturer’s warranty for additional warranty coverage and exclusions or limitations.
EXCLUSIONS FROM THIS WARRANTY
Wood is a natural product that may vary greatly in color, texture and moisture content. Therefore, the following are excluded from this warranty:
1. The appearance of field finished doors is not covered by the Warranty in any event. Natural variations in color or texture are not defects.
2. Splitting, surface checking, and cracks that occur in the grain lines of the wood are not defects. Splits along glue lines that allow daylight through the door are covered by the warranty.
3. Leakage or warpage resulting from the door improperly hung or installed is not covered. Inadequate shimming, caulking, alignment to plumb and square conditions, weather stripping, adjustments of the door to the sill, or other adverse installation conditions will void the warranty.
4. Deterioration, leakage or warpage caused by the failure to thoroughly seal all six surfaces of the door immediately after installation.
5. Deterioration caused by leakage between the door and glass as a result of removing the paint bead between the wood and glass.
6. The costs of rehanging, installation, or refinishing a new door supplied or repaired under warranty are covered.
7. Failure to follow the guide for handling, job finishing, and installation of wood doors will void the warranty.